The Perry County Museum, located at the old Perry County Courthouse in Cannelton, is a 501c3 Non-Profit organization. Artifact and financial donations are greatly appreciated. The building was purchased by the Perry County Museum Board of Trustees in December 1998. The former courthouse is French Renaissance style, yellow brick with Bedford limestone lintels and massive sandstone foundation which was quarried from the hills near Cannelton. It was built in 1896 and served as the county seat until 1994.
Setting the Cornerstone, September 10, 1896.
Courthouse workers. Identity and date unknown.
Cannelton Mayor Livers addresses a crowd at Cannelton's
in 1937. The Courthouse front steps was used many times as the community podium
for important speeches.